Here is the recipe I used. It takes the recipes I found online and blends them with what I actually had in my cupboard.
- Fry a finely chopped onion with Garlic, Chilli, Cumin, Curry powder, Ginger and Smoked Paprika
- Add a cup of easy cook Long grain rice
- Add 2 tablespoons on tomato puree
- Add a cup of Passata (blended tinned tomatoes)
- add a cup of good quality stock (Chicken or Vegi)
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Topped it off with some grilled Plantain and chopped parsley.
Read more about Jollof here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollof_rice